|Copyright may apply|
I’ve barely come across any World Cup related marketing this year. I’m thinking it’s one of the following reasons:
- All marketing budgets have gone into targeted digital media and since I have no interest in sports whatsoever, I’m not the right profile.
- If so, the marketer in me is very impressed! It means that you really CAN target the exact people you want and avoid wasting money on others.
- But as a consumer, I feel unvalued and resentful
- Very few companies are interested in sponsoring/activating marketing around the world cup this year, at least in the UK.
- People have stopped caring about the world cup and advertisers know that.
- Marketing budgets are extremely small.
- I need to get out more or even watch TV